You learn something everyday! Thanks for the tip!
Make a Wish is an investigation about the dreams and visions of a selection of 21st Century youngsters, for youth is the age of all infinite possibilities. The aim of the game is to open up the range of the research around the planet. In the whole picture, each chapter presents individuals in some group or situation, as to throw a light on the articulation between, -on one hand origin, cultural heritage, religion, climate and geographic position -and on the other hand, freedom. *This is the chapter shot in Gaza the days before, during and after Operation Pillar of Defense.
1. View on an open space hit in an Israeli air strike during operation Pillar of defense.
2. Ahmed Zayed, an 18-year old fisherman in the rubbles of what used to be his home in Salateeh area, until it was destroyed in an Israeli air strike a few hours before the truce between Israel and Hamas after the 8-day Operation Pillar of Defense.
3. The stables next to what used to be Yasser Arafat’s headquarters until it was destroyed in 2001 by Israeli helicopter gunships in retaliation for a suicide bombing.
4. Open space struck in an Israeli air strike during 8-day Operation Pillar of Defense.
5. 21-year old Maraam Homed is very active on Twitter; she sees it as a way to communicate to the world what is going on in the Gaza strip. She is the only Gazan to Tweet in french and was recently invited to Paris on a conference trip.
6. Amel Ashgar, 24 studies psychology and sport but would like to go to France and work there where women have more freedom to practice sports.
7. Alaam Abu Ansa, a 19-year old student of Technology and Medical science, stands in front of his garden where a Qasam missile hit ground without exploding this morning in Khan Yonis, southern Gaza strip.
8. Mahmoud Sarsour, 23 from Tal El-Hawa after Friday prayers. He studies Civil Engineering at the Islamic Universtiy and believes that this is the best time to reach a united Palestinian leadership in order to change the situation.
9. Alah Ahmed Daama attends The Right to Live Society; a special school for Gazans with downs syndrome, established in 1993.
10. Jasmine Nebieh, 24 used to teach Yoga in the stadium before it was destroyed in an Israeli air strike during Operation Pillar of Defense. She studies Sport Psychology and would like to work with children in Spain.
11. 19-year old Abdallah Al-Rhaman works with his brother Ahmed; together they make a living by performing with horses in weddings and ceremonies, just like their father used to do.
12. Amaha El-Naga, 16 lives with her 7 family members in Khan Yonis buffer zone. The day after Operation Pillar of Defense truce people stroll up unto the border for the first time.
Photographers Pierre Javelle and Akiko Ida have created a series of humorous dioramas that depict miniature people going about their daily lives in an edible world.